I'm looking for some qualified men and women to help me run the Ludington Torch and keep it true to its vision and ideals (see our mission statement thread). Anybody who is interested should send me a message listing their qualifications and personal reasons for wanting to be one. I am looking for people that can travel the seven Cs:
1) Creative: Uses good convincing prose of their own creation, or is artistic in other ways.
2) Cogent: Is to the point, or on point most of the time.
3) Collective: Is prolific and/or stops in at the Torch regularly.
4) Compatible: Agrees with the goals, visions, rules, of the Torch
5) Congenial: Remains cordial to others even during disagreements.
6) Consistent: Does not contradict themselves over time, without good reason.
7) Capable: Is able to discharge the duties of the post evenhandedly.
Furthermore, I will be impressed with those who are Content-oriented and Conscientious. I will review those who send me a message, and then make a decision so that we can have a new Administrator in March fully trained with (almost) full reign.
It will be most similar to when Johnny Carson ran the Tonight Show, and had Jay Leno, David Letterman, Joan Rivers, etc. step in while he was on vacation. The guest hosts were able to spotlight their talent, learn the skills, and develop their own identity, while keeping the traditions of the Tonight Show and Johnny.
I will still have some oversight, but will try to be as hands off as I can be. Remember, send me a message if you are interested. Or leave some comments here, if you have any questions about it, or any tweaking you may suggest.