I checked out the other local site today and saw that they have changed their focus, and have now become a photo sharing site.  They took off the forum earlier this year for a short time, but it looks as if this is more of a permanent move.  Here is what the main page looked like as of this post.  Please invite any and all of those good folks who have been conributing to that forum over here.  We welcome their input, and their right to talk. 

Views: 662

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think what it boils down to is that Shoreline Media made a business decision, which they have every right to do. A lot of companies are cutting back on nonessentials. The new e-edition must be very time consuming, and they probably need to use Andy's time and talents for the publication rather than for monitoring a forum that got bigger than anyone anticipated. It would be nice, though, if they would give an update.
I just finished reading the most current postings on LT. All I can say is WOW, some people need to find more productive use of their free time, especially this time of year. Breathe deeply and let it all go, people. Go out and visit the lonely, help those in need, spend quality time with your families. Life is just too short to waste precious moments trying to hurt others. Time spent doing good is so much more rewarding. Tis the season ...
I'm with you - there is nothing more pathetic than someone purposely trying to cause discord.
Someone at LDN has been monitering the LT forum. It's been cleaned up.
Right RJE, just checked and the two hottest threads have been dropped now. Don't worry though, I'm sure Scott will resurface again, but not here for sure, he's too chicken crap to debate over here.
I think we have seen Scott over here already a few times, heroically threatening, in anonymous fashion, to expose dirt on any or all of us irregardless of the truth or cogency. But he's not chicken, Aquaman; he's just not sophisticated enough to carry on a conversation with grown-ups.
And locked up. Can't get in there at all now. (@ LT)
You can still view the LT site by typing or copying the main forum site http://www.ludingtontalks.com/forum

But it is apparent that the individual who got his butt beat in text over there complained to LDN staff so they simply deleted the offending post threads. It appears two discussion threads and 2 days worth of LT text is now simply missing.
I always knew the day would come that they would eventually shut the forum down...
When one door shuts, another one opens. We may have a boost in membership here, thanks to LT. Welcome, Pete.
Someone else at LT gave a brief, but pretty accurate suggestion as to the cancellation of the forum yesterday, and it made sense too. Let's say the powers to be in Ludington in various forms of government put continuing pressure on Jackson and Klevorn about how the tourists and other Ludington fans may be witnessing some of the more racey threads about them from time to time, or more times than they wanted. Subjects like the Life Guards, Shay, City Budgets, watertowers, marina expenditures, etc.. Might that take away some of the purity and innocense that they dream about Ludington and her residents between visits, and that they might not return to spend their precious tourist dollars here if they thought we were too snotty and invasive of our peers in elected office? Just food for thought, and maybe not to far off base either, imho.
Welcome Pete... I just think LDN got tired of babysitting the drive bys. Feel free to speak your mind!! I wont agree ( I never do) crabby you understand. But your voice will never be squashed.

RSS

© 2024   Created by XLFD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service