I checked out the other local site today and saw that they have changed their focus, and have now become a photo sharing site.  They took off the forum earlier this year for a short time, but it looks as if this is more of a permanent move.  Here is what the main page looked like as of this post.  Please invite any and all of those good folks who have been conributing to that forum over here.  We welcome their input, and their right to talk. 

Views: 662

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

second that bravo susan. the govner runs a loose ship here so expect a drive by weirdo or two either from a dopey soup blog or from some nameless official. sbeen tight lately but kids gotta play sometimes. no jab at the rughuggers.
AQ are you posting under AQ at LT, or is there an imposter in the fray?
I'm not allowed to have split personalities on the same forum, only one email address and computer, so, no, it's not me, and no, really he's not impostering me exactly, as I have KN for that forum. If he was to come here and go by the same name AQUA, then he would be impostering me. Just hope there's no confusion in the future, cause I never saw him over yonder till today, but, he's been a member for a couple months it appears. They did this to our Dave here once, I saw right thru it though, because I know Dave's posting and personality to be on the up and up, good guy. The Dave imposter here was crude and rude, so, it did not match him at all, but, did have some worried at first.
Yeah, I could pretty much tell by the phrasing, sentence structure and vocabulary, grammer etc... it wasn't you, not that you couldn't write that way, just that you don't. ;) You are more slang oriented. lol
"You are more slang oriented. lol"

That's real handy this time of year, when its time to sing "Auld Slang Syne"...
Nobody could impersonate the real Aquaman. Impossible.
Sheila, is that a compliment? Thanks, I'll have to assume it is, I do hope. Hardy har. Anyhow, when I respond in kind on talk forums and with friends on email, I am pretty casual, and just run one sentence after the other into one big paragraph, cause that's a more relaxing reply methodology. If I respond to business and legal emails of importance, I do use all the correct grammar, and paragraph structure that is proper. Personally, I didn't see where that Aquaman character over yonder made any significant statement, even if his sentence structure was proper. Basically, he said watch your kids every move, conversation, texting, etc. like a hawk. How can any parent truly do that 24/7 I'd like to know. Afterall, they are at school, friends houses, movies, and other events outside the home everyday. What parent is going to be over their shoulder day and nite all the time? Besides, there are no kids that would allow that vulturing condition without running away from home. What do you think girl? Thanks. AQ
mmm...fry the video card on your own computer and take over the kids comp. problem solved. WARNING, Do not use a body shop air compressor to blow out your computer, or if you do, stick a pencil in the fans so they CANNOT spin!!! We had two vid cards go down due to the bearing going bad in the fans and then the cards overheating...eventually we figured out that the bearings got wrecked by spinning way too fast when we blew them out at work!

Yes, my 9 yr old has a FB account although it is NOT in her real name, she is allowed to friend those who i approve, no pictures or personal info of location and such. Security tightend to the max settings.

She can text as well as I can, she does all my texting while we are on the road driving.

She still is not allowed to ride her bike around the block alone(ok, so maybe i go a little too far with that one, but I don't care, she will be safe that way.

But I am dreading the upcoming years when my control oversight becomes less as she gets older and more independent.

You know what is crazy is I remember my dad sending me all over Michigan when I was 16 or 17 years old to pick up parts and cars with the truck and trailer. I cannot imagine letting her do that at that age.

Her 10 year old cousin who lives in ludington is allowed to go from jebavy all the way to the beach alone (with a group of friends). Her dad thinks she is safe as long as she has a cell and her friends.

Sorry but not my kid, mine is to immature, just a whole different personality, course, that runs in this fam, that's why we still look so young. LOL

n yes that was a compliment.
N yes, methought so dear, many tanks.

The new message on LDN forum page.

Network Offline

This social network has been taken offline by its owner. It is likely that it will be brought back shortly. Please check again later.

I also received the following email today that was sent to all members of the LDN LT

Shoreline Media is re-evaluating the social networking space occupied currently by all of our "Talks" branded sites, including Ludington Talks. We apologize for the short notice and want to thank the people that used the forum in the spirit that it was intended. Happy Holidays.

Yupper RJE, I just went over there and saw the same thing. But, I didn't get any email yet. Wonder if I was intentionally excluded, or they haven't got to me yet. Either way, it's quite astonishing to say the least. The whole enchalada is now gone, no photos even? Then the Happy Holidays exit statement. Perplexing to say the least.

I did not go over there. I thought it was interesting the comment "want to thank the people that used the forum in the spirit that it was intended". Hmm

RSS

© 2024   Created by XLFD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service