I checked out the other local site today and saw that they have changed their focus, and have now become a photo sharing site.  They took off the forum earlier this year for a short time, but it looks as if this is more of a permanent move.  Here is what the main page looked like as of this post.  Please invite any and all of those good folks who have been conributing to that forum over here.  We welcome their input, and their right to talk. 

Views: 662

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I got the same message as a few of you did. Aqua, you might check your spam box... that's where my email from LT was at, not in my regular inbox.

The nerve!  They put your cleverly written and skillfully taken picture content into limbo, and then they spam your E-mail. 

Fry up some eggs, toast some bread, and enjoy Austin Minnesota's world famous meat product.

Yes I did note that term.. I didn't think we violated the spirit it was intended when asking legitimate questions, about legitimate local issues, one would normally expect the local newspaper to aggressively cover, if it were doing its job however.

Unless they were going to hire a person to monitor the forum 24/7 I don't think they will get the all play nice local fluff page they really want I don't think. They might have tried enforcement of categories for the political or other types of content inside of the forums rather than close it however. The rules could be simple post the discussion in the correct category or be banished from the kingdom!!!

It kind of tell you what you need to know about the dedication to journalism that Shoreline Media has.  When I was first thrown off the Talks forum, after accusing the city and local courts of ethical wrongdoing and breaking of laws, fully explained with documentation, I was thrown off for being too "argumentative", in my E-mail from Jeff Evans, a disarming individual if there ever was one.  Being argumentative, whatever that entailed, did not violate any of the terms of service.

Whenever it was all too obvious that new aliases were me, pointing out deficiencies of the local governmental bodies or politicos, I would be thrown off for being a banned member who came back.  On LT, to my knowledge, I had never launched a personal attack, and mainly had to defend my position against a couple of entities. 

I did name public officials who behaved contrary to law and ethics, pointed out deficiencies in the infrastructure that really need to be corrected, and freely spoke as a concerned individual, which seems to be beyond the 'spirit' of today's print media.  Good riddance, Ludington Talks, but have a Merry Christmas.  Hope they heard me with their head in the sand.

Here's my Webster definition of "spirit": vital force, immortal part of man, soul, specter, ghost, frame of mind, vigor, courage, essential character. Conversely, "spiritless": without spirit of life, lacking energy, listless. Question then is, which of the two terms above is what the "true spirit of Ludington Talks was intended for"?

I think we were supposed to all come together, link hands, get in a circle, sing "Kumbaya", and then write down all the nice things our progressive governments are doing for our cities and its people. 

This may work for Ludington Daily News editorial board meetings, but the people want to also talk about what our progressive governments are doing against our cities and its people. 

Kumbaya!................ Kumbaya!................................... Kumbaya! Is this a dance?  If so, I like.  

It is a 60's song of love and peace in the name of God.

I don't have time to see if there is a link. Originally it was sung before bedtime at Christian camp with everyone holding hands and often by the campfire. Then campers were supposed to silently head to their bunks and go to sleep.

The tune is almost a chant and Kumbya my Lord means come by here or something like that.

It (at one time) was a popular song to sing around the campfire.

Where's the campfire? I'll bring the flower petals.

The campfire is right here at the Ludington Torch (look at our side panels).  Get out the poinsettias.  Here it comes:

And I remembered every word. Wow

RSS

© 2024   Created by XLFD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service