Who's your favorite for the race for president 2012?

On the dem side the obvious favorite is Obama who I can't say I would ever vote for. I won't be entirely surprised if another dem tries to make a run.. at this point they might have a chance. If someone did, I would listen to what they have to say and go from there.

As far as the republican side goes, the ones I am most interested in at this point is Perry (being not very religious that's one thing I don't care for about him) and Herman Cain. Perry has been successful running TX and has did things to help create jobs. Some say "well there are a lot of minimum wage jobs".. which may be true... but they are still jobs, not everyone gets to be CEO. Cain is a successful business man and might just be what Washington needs right now. His lack of political experience could be a plus or hindrance.. we shall see. I'm not overly crazy about Romney.. just get the feeling that he's a republican version of Obama.. Bachman isn't doing much for me either, she's just to, I don't know, not what I want for a president. Ron Paul has a some good ideas but his foreign policy is so so at best. In the debate last week in Iowa, he seemed to be defending Iran who is obviously ran by crazy people in regards to the nuclear program and tried to compare them to Russia. Russia who obviously had Nukes, was like the USA, we had them as a deterrent... with Iran, they would use them regardless of it meant millions of their own people died.

Anyway, what are your thoughts?

Views: 462

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Who are Matalin and Carville? more research tonite. lol and what's Hamms? the pic is tiny.
All I remember about Hamm's beer is a commercial back in my childhood before I could drink... from the land of sky blue water.. Hamm's refreshing lolol to an Indian sounding tune.
I'm already a little less keen on Perry.. think he might be a bit to religious for my taste.. I don't mind a little religion but I don't want it to be your main decision maker when making policy.
"Well, there you go again", said Reagan. He was a faith based President, and did a pretty darn good job anyhow, and it didn't affect his decisions/policies either.

Ron Paul is the man.  I just got this latest video from a friend who's deep into Ron Paul and the reporteress asks the 'age' question to Ron Paul.  His answer is priceless.  Not just the comments on the test of endurance he proposes to the other candidates, but the comments on the concept of liberty. 

I extend the same challenge with the distance tripled to any of the City Hallers!

Reagan was 68 when taking the oath, youth is in the heart and mind, no so much the birth certificate. Besides, wth is wrong with wisdom and experience vs. incompetence and inexperience?
Ya know, at 85 one person could be a youthful active go getter and one person could be a frail type elderly. It is unique to each person. I know a few people at the far end of each spectrum.
It's to early to say who I would support
Ron Paul, DOB 8/20/35 makes him 76 right now, still pretty young at heart and mind. 20 miles on a bike ride would be way too much for me I know, maybe X could take up his challenge.....lol.

If Mr. Paul would help pay for the airfare down to Houston (preferably in January!) and I could get the opportunity to ride twenty miles with him while talking policy, I'll start the Presidential petition ASAP.

Someone today suggested, that Ron would be an excellent Federal Reserve Chairman. I don't think he could beat Obama, nor get all the primaries needed, but this to me is a great second thought for Mr. Paul to step up into. But by all means, keep a Presidential bid open too just in case people wake up and vote for a real change for the best, not just another pretty face like Romney.

RSS

© 2024   Created by XLFD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service