Baby Kate petition regarding bothced LPD investigation

Found this when looking through my Facebook updates a few minutes ago. Apparently members here are not the only ones that think the LPD botched the investigation into the baby Kate disappearance. Follow the link at the end if you wish to sign the petition.

Why this is Important

Katherine Shelbie-Elizabeth Phillips was 4 months old when she was last seen in Ludington, MI on June 29, 2011. Kate's mother, Ariel Courtland, reported that Kate's father, Sean Phillips, drove off with the infant after a fight between Ariel and Sean. Within hours, the Ludington Police Department arrested Sean Phillips on the charge of felony kidnapping. Once paternity was proven to the court, the charges were reduced to the less serious Parental Kidnapping. While Sean Phillps remains detained and awaits trial, he has maintained his innocence and reports Kate's mother, Ariel Courtland, was the last one to see Kate. With much speculation and uncertainty about Kate's disappearance, we are asking for more from the Ludington Police Department. While one suspect is detained and awaiting trial, a baby is STILL missing -- nearly 4 months later! It is time for a more thorough investigation than the Ludington Police Department wants to provide.

Provided below is a list of the Ludington Police Department's failures regarding this case:
-- LPD has stopped looking for Kate: They have not continued searches and will not allow other agencies and trained professionals to donate their time to the search for missing baby Kate.
-- LPD has stopped investigating Kate's disappearance: They have not conducted interviews or followed-up on important leads. When tips are submitted, phone calls and e-mails are not returned.
-- LPD is not considering all possible options: They will not consider the possibility of additonal suspects, such as the mother, friends/extended family members, or strangers.
-- LPD is not keeping Kate's story in the media: They do not provide press releases, nor do they ask the public for information and/or assistance.

Overall, it appears that the Ludington Police Department is more interested in obtaining a conviction than finding a missing child. Even if Sean Phillips is found guilty of his pending kidnapping-related charges, Kate is still missing. What happened to baby Kate?

Please sign this petition to show your support for a more thorough investigation into the disappearance of missing baby Kate. Your signature will be sent to Bill Schuette, the Attorney General of Michigan, with a formal request to investigate the faults of the Ludington Police Department. This formal request will also include a request for more experienced and committed law enforcement professionals, such as the Michigan State Police and/or the Federal Bureau of Investigations, to assit with this investigation.

Thank you in advance for your time and support. Should you have any questions regarding this petition, please contact: CrusadingForKate@gmail.com

http://www.change.org/petitions/bill-schuette-attorney-general-of-m...

Views: 1941

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

April,

Who else other than you and your sister have been contacted that you know about, and did they place any tips on the tipline?  When a policeman comes to your house down in GR and repeatedly makes statements about hindering investigations and the PA okaying locking people up for it, sounds a bit intimidating.  Yet it sounds from your entry here that you were more than accomodating. 

Having Wells and Kenney go down to GR and visit you for a couple of hours costs a bit of money.  Combined costs per hour for their time would be at least $90, with 3 hrs. of traveling time would have cost minimally $450 just for that to visit you.  I deduce that they went down there for more than just information you could provide, and it sounds like they did it more for intimidation.  Are you at all intimidated, or are you more energized?

Did you ever receive a call back for the tip you gave?  When did you give that tip, and, if you could, what was the nature of that tip?

Sorry, I am full of questions.

I wasn't too concerned about the identities of any others, more about the extent of the inquiries from the LPD, and whether its primarily being done to those who post on the Baby Kate facebook pages, those that have signed the petition, and/or those who marched in the October protest. 

I do hope you consult with others you find have been visited and compare notes.  I would not be surprised that LPD's leadership would be trying to suppress 'negative' voices through such actions, and I wouldn't be surprised if the LPD are looking for a new police officer because of a conscientious officer has decided they do not want to be part of such a police force.

april

Thanks for the information. It seems like the LPD is trying to harass people to try and quell the criticism about the investigation.

While I do think the LPD is quite inept. I myself work downtown and see the LPD write parking tickets for parking in a parking lot,while KNOWN crack dealers walk around freely(and they are EASY to spot).

The problem lies more in the system than the actual force.If they have no clues,they can't act on any leads.  You see the system cares more about incarcerating Phillips(and not violating his rights) more than they do finding the baby. I say when the life of a child is at stake--beat the info out of him. Get the child back before worrying about the lowlife that took her.

I believe they have more clues to mommy dearest than we think.

Snide...the point is that the person that's in custody may not be the one that has the answers. There is a lot of information in the preliminary hearing transcripts that suggests that the wrong person may be in custody. As for the popo knocking on doors and harassing citizens, there's much more to it than April is telling. I'm not trying to be coy here...I just don't feel I should speak for others. Besides...just what is out there publicly does not add up and it all points to having a police force full of Keystone Cops!

I find it an interesting coincidence that just after the defense attorney hires a private investigator to look around for who knows what, the LPD shifts from inactive on the Baby Kate case to suddenly active and checking out "tips".  I wouldn't be surprised that their purpose is not only to intimidate the "facebookers", but also to find out what the PI is turning up. 

Unfortunately, finding leads on Baby Kate's whereabouts is likely down the list in their priorities. 

Note that April has retracted some of her earlier posts; though we regret this loss of content of interest, we will hope she can bring us up to date as future events happen. 

I have told all that happened, do I believe Wells visit was to keep me hush on my baby Kate page, yes!

April, did you accidentally delete two of your previous posts that were originally just under my last 'Sunday' (11-20) postings?  These turned up missing and I don't want anyone to blame LPD, PA Spaniola, Colonel McGuire, Mr. Philips and/or Ms. Courtland for their disappearance, LOL.

I deleted them , I didnt want it out on the page.

April

If they could help find Baby Kate then why would you delete them?

the people that can find baby Kate are aware of what or anything I know.

RSS

© 2024   Created by XLFD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service