In the last few days, Sandra Fluke, a Georgetown Law student appeared in front of congress to talk about how students should have their birth control needs taken care of. She suggest that many of her fellow students are having a tough time being able to afford birth control/contraceptives. She says the cost per year is about $3000 for most students on average.

I don't know, maybe its just me but I'm having a hard time having sympathy for anyone going to a prestigious law school that isn't exactly cheap. To go to Georgetown Law, you figure about $60,000 to $70,000 for your education. Figure in as well that your most likely going to be able to get a decent job once your out (take note occupiers... this is the type of education you get if you actually want to have a shot at working when you get a degree). IMO, unless you have a medical condition that warrants the use of the pill or some other medical condition, your on your own to purchase your birth control/contraceptives. They have no more right to have their birth control paid for then you or me. Anyhow, if they choose to get 'physical' and engage in certain activities, there are other things a couple can do that doesn't involve intercourse... there is plenty of fun to be had that doesn't include penetration.

Views: 680

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

So what do you think about Willy removing my posts?

Is this regular here?

Isnt that against the TOS?

Interesting how my post was gone and XLFD responded with To Robbyk Dale and someone else, but what I had said was gone.

umm... I guess if he can do it by crossing his eyes fingers and toes he has more ability than the rest of us, lol but the post you are looking for shows up on the main page, click main in the links across the top of the screen it was there a minute ago anyway, but if you go to PAGE 1 you will find you have a blank post, it actually happened to willy the other night, wrote it, posted and it came up blank, not the admins but the computer/ning issue RobbyK

Page one of a different thread, not this one

I'm not sure if Willy has administration capability or not actually... can't remember if he was ever offered that gig.

The offer was made to Willy, but I told him about the humiliating hazing experience that all administrators have to go through.  He wanted no part of it.  Unlike you Dave, who keeps contacting me about going through it again and again. 

Some of us are gluttons for punishment.... don't know why you keep changing your email... haha

X

Does the hazing involve peanut butter and nude photos of Pelosi?

Willy, it used to, but when Shrugs became an administrator she couldn't handle the Pelosi photo and objected to us using "crunchy" peanut butter.  Now it involves Cider vinegar, baking soda, a Diehard car battery, eleven steel thimbles (although female candidates only need ten of them), and a 50 ft. length of medium-duty garden hose. 

Dave, no matter how often you go through the hazing you don't gain any extra abilities each time you do.  You can claim you're now a 43rd level administrator all you want,  it just doesn't make it so.

Well, then  if women should have the pill covered then men should have condoms covered as well. fair is fair. and those things are expensive, especially if your allergic to latex and need the other kinds that are made of a different material.

RSS

© 2024   Created by XLFD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service