I am really confused now after reading this article.

Views: 2781

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Good analysis, Jane.  This has nagged at me throughout this contest.  Cole in his talking points before this election brought up a lot of trivial stuff that showed me that Fiers was not the problem, the union-mentality of the non-administrators was more the problem.  It's pretty sad these guys who are out there doing dangerous work act like such helpless babies when it comes to such disputes as mold, leaky faucets, lightbulbs, and tire ratings. 

This mentality has probably helped foster the lack of empathy the deputies exhibited with repeatedly tasering Joe McAdam, the shameful criminalization of McAdam by the MCSO to cover-up their own brutality, and the lax of rigor that Sergeant Cole and others used to deal with Martin Schilling.  Mob mentality isn't good when it applies to the Boys in Brown.  And now we plan on putting the baby with the loudest squeal in charge.  Look out Mason County.

Jane, excellent analysis, I think you're right on cue again, you definitely closed any gaps with this astute explanation of union rules for sure, I learned many things, thanks.  A Baker, I too am in your court, children like these don't listen, that's why they don't know anything. Boys in Brown, yes, look out indeed, we may be in big do-do for the next 4 years, if people don't wake up and get it right this fall. We can't afford another repeat of the small turn out and result of last Augusts' primary for sure.

Easy with the praise of my clarification of union rules, there were some question marks in there that I would like anyone with a (MCSO) union contract in hand to clarify, or someone within the dept. to post here this unions rules to be positive I am correct. But from what I heard the way a business workd that has a union is that neither side can do much without going through the union.

Jane

You make some very good points in your analysis.

This is just another excuse for Fier supporters.  Getting vest would not be up Cole.  He is a Sgt on the road and the best were for the CO's.  It also WOULD be up to Fiers to get them protective vests to make HIS employees safer.  So you saying if they need new radar for their car, or new tires because their current ones are bald, then they shouldn't mention it to their Sheriff? They should go to their union and ask for these things. 

XLFD, did anyone ever ask Fiers if he ever had a lawsuit filed against him when he worked the road?  You hear stories all the time about desperate people who want and need money filing lawsuits against LE officers just to gain a buck.  Still nobody has ever answered the question, If Cole was such a terrible Sgt, according to the biased people on here, then why did Jeff Fiers keep him around?  Has anyone asked Jeff what he thinks of Cole as a road patrol Sgt?  I have heard so many positive encounters that people have had with Sgt Cole and then there are the person who are anti law enforcement coming on here trying to bash a Sgt who has worked for all of you for 25 plus years. I have to side with Chuck and with Rons views.  Nowhere did Sgt Cole say any lies or come on and say lies about Fiers.  To sum up Fiers job in office would be to drive by a house that had a home owner shooting at his own men and see a Jeff Fiers sign in their yard for a week after.  Talk about embarrassing.  I can see why moral would be down after that especially.

Sean ,

If they needed vests it should have been written into their contract, that's one of the functions of the union to barter for what they feel they need to do their job. Tires and radar would fall under maintenance. If Sgt Cole is the union steward for the local LE then he should have brought up the subject when they negotiated their union contract. Some union contracts negotiate clothes allowance and even  laundry allowance's. All unions negotiate for the safety of their members unless the members state they don't want it,and then they use that as a bargaining tool ex: we will not request vest's in exchange for a 1% raise over 2 years (this is just an exaggerated example - no one has seen their contract on here that I'm aware of so who knows the trade offs that were made).

New patrol rifles were negotiated " Patrol rifles? These were agreed upon in a union contract with the patrol sergeants (me being one) taking a pay freeze so each deputy could be issued a patrol rifle." http://www.masoncountypress.com/2012/03/23/mason-county-sheriffs-ra...

This election for sheriff is sort of like a high school 'low social status but popular girl' picking who they will take to prom. Both guys asked for the date. We have the jock type guy who is a higher ranked than her 'popular kid' but seems off a little bit and you don't really trust because he was at the kegger having a good time ignoring you while you were getting pushed around and picked on by his jock friends or the poor kid who saved you from the jock guys buddies one night at a kegger and took ya home and ya almost kissed, but the poor kid was not  a 'cool kid' and is sort of invisible and if ya kissed him your friends would make fun of you later because they expect ya to date the jock guy.

The jock guy may be a 'popular' and have all the frills of that  but the poor kid would save your butt and be there for ya no matter who you are because he knows what it is like to be the underdog.

I still don't know who I am taking to prom, the jock guy with all the cool kids for friends or the uncool kid with tons of friends from all walks of life.

So by kegger you mean mud run with illegal stuff going on and a blind eye turned because the monies went you fund your (re)election? But that's just hearsay

Ok none of that made sense but in answer to seans question...Yes at WSCC they asked both Jeff and Kim if either had a lawsuit against them while working for the Sheriffs office and Jeff has NOT had a lawsuit against him.If any one of you know Jeff at all then you know that he is the nicest guy you will ever meet he does not belive in lying or bashing someone because it just is not in him to be that vicious.

Speaking of Sheriff Fiers, I was at my parent's house earlier today, and Jeff himself came to the door with a flyer for his write-in campaign.  A pleasant, but brief conversation ensued, because I knew he had to do a bit more today.  I then saw him a couple hours later at Mancino's enjoying a lunch with a couple of women.  He's a good guy, and I hope him well even if he doesn't win back the job.

I was in town helping him hand out flyers today XLFD and last Saturday and I hope to next Saturday also,I can't think of a better way to spend my Saturdays but I guess I split to soon cuz I missed out on the Mancino's :) Also sean the whole drive by shooting comment makes you sound real bright,I don't know why people that are in support of cole have to constantly try to cut Jeff down.Just because you support the other side does not mean that you should show complete DISRESPECT for the other,it really does not make any of you look very wise.

Ok, so you are helping Jeff out with his campaign? So anything A Baker says is all with a biased opinion.  When did I ever show disrespect towards jeff?? And I did see in articles where Jeff attacked Cole's integrity.  Which would be negative and bashing his own employee.  So if Cole is such a terrible person and worker according to some of you on here, then why has Jeff kept him around and his Sgt position???

RSS

© 2024   Created by XLFD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service