Has the dangerous Loomis Street Transient Dock walkway perhaps claimed its first victim?   http://ludingtoncitizen.ning.com/forum/topics/sunday-at-the-marina?...

LUDINGTON, Mich. Ludington Police need your help in identifying the person pulled from the water Saturday morning.

Around 9:30 a.m., Ludington Police were dispatched to the Ludington Municipal Marina Basin on a call regarding a body in the water. Rescue crews were able to locate and recover the victim.

Currently, the victim's identity is unknown and is described as a woman between the ages 20-30, possibly of Asian decent, 5’ 1”, 135 pounds with black shoulder-length hair.

The victim was wearing a gray pinstripe button-up shirt and black stretch-type pants with a gray waistband.

http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/local/nw_mich/body-recovered-from-lu...

Views: 1606

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Now the big question is how much video does it hold before it starts writing over itself. I can't believe it's a very good system for 20 grand.

Here's a pic of one lightcam there. Good memory Lisa, but I still don't like the idea of Big Brother watching us, either for safety, or for any other lib. excuse to defy our liberties.

Attachments:

dont you mean Angela aquaman? please dont mistake me that way

I wouldn't be too surprised if it's a month, but I've got my FOIA request in, so we might get that answer soon.

Uhh, yeah Angela, I did mean you, sorry and thanks. Got any info from the cuff on this one please, if not now, soon? Thanks. ( You're a character like me, yuk yuk).

;) lol............been swamped with school - my head has been buried in the books havent talked too much to anyone lately - sorry...........

X

Why not ask for the information without a FOIA request. I would be curious to see if they would release it. Doesn't it irritate you that the citizenry who paid for the information to be gathered by government workers should have to beg for THEIR / OUR information by filing a FOIA? I know it makes me extremely angry.

True, Willy, public officials sometimes forget that they are just stewards of the public records they create, but when dealing with the City of Ludington, I actually appreciate going through the rigors of a FOIA request over just asking for the information because of the safeguards provided by that act.  Particularly in this case, where I either get sent a video file or go to the City Hall/LPD to inspect the info.

Asking for records without this formality would probably get the same result (in reverse) if they asked for your 2012 property taxes without having the legal authority under threat of severe penalty if you failed to do so.  You just might choose to use the money for your own 'public projects'. 

Even with a FOIA request, Chief Barnett sent me back a denial, or should I say partial denial-- that's what he calls it.  I didn't get anything other than an excuse that the requested records are records of security measures, with no further explanation.  I will go further into this in a future thread, as I flesh this out. 

Seriously X,.....? Not foul play...? Autopsy shows she didn't drown......Employer has past immigration violations. They all live ,ride and work together 24/7 and don't speak to anyone outside their circle in any kind of social situation. It is rumoured that many Chinese are brought into the USA have to "work off their travel debt"........This whole thing stinks on ice.......I hope our police have the cajones to look into this and don't bury their head in the sand and call it "suicide". From what we saw during the Courtland/Phillips debacle, I don't think our local detectives could find their butt with both hands......I know the guy that first spotted the body and his story has me intrigued......

Snide, can you elaborate a little more on what your friend saw that first spotted the girl?

Yesterday afternoon, I sat down with Chief Barnett and reviewed the marina cameras that were positioned around the marina (two cameras).  Unfortunately you cannot see what would be happening down at the transient dock's walkway, just boats gashouses, and moving boats. 

During that review, I respectfully asked a few questions, but as it is an ongoing investigation he was tight lipped, and downplayed the WMOM report about the autopsy and what it showed.  I got the impression that they are looking to present it as a suicide eventually, though that was never directly conveyed to me, and I will write up a more complete report here later.

Please post some of the intriguing material you have been conveyed by this source you have, I love intrigue.  Either that or send it to me via a message, I don't want to see this poor young lady's death be misrepresented.  My resistance to the foul play angle is based primarily on the marina being a bad place to get rid of a body with all the lights, cameras, and action there.  Our area has plenty of places less dangerous to get rid of a body.  And the unsafe condition on that walkway that exists ups the accidental drowning percentages, pending the autopsy final report.

An interesting thing I have read about since that WMOM report was this (from wikipedia, "Drowning")  "If water enters the airways of a conscious victim, the victim will try to cough up the water or swallow it, thus inhaling more water involuntarily. Upon water entering the airways, both conscious and unconscious victims experience laryngospasm, that is the larynx or the vocal cords in the throat constrict and seal the air tube. This prevents water from entering the lungs. Because of this laryngospasm, water enters the stomach in the initial phase of drowning and very little water enters the lungs. Unfortunately, this can interfere with air entering the lungs, too. In most victims, the laryngospasm relaxes some time after unconsciousness and water can enter the lungs causing a "wet drowning". However, about 10-15% of victims maintain this seal until cardiac arrest.  This is called "dry drowning", as no water enters the lungs. In forensic pathology, water in the lungs indicates that the victim was still alive at the point of submersion. Absence of water in the lungs may be either a dry drowning or indicates a death before submersion."

So let us not jump to conclusions, if the lungs of Ling Lang were not filled with water, she still may have drowned without any foul play involved-- other than our City creating a million dollar safety hazard.

RSS

© 2024   Created by XLFD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service