At the request of XLFD. I would proffer the attached as proof that a 35% ROI is a typical ROI for wind turbines.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlAib32buQo

Views: 1384

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That is absolutely correct Dave. It was the Republicans who did all the work and Clinton taking credit. If it had not been for the Republicans, Hillary Care would have been passed and we would have started our downhill slide back then.

Bernard

You seem to think that your age means you have a superior outlook on life that noone here possesses. You have no idea what our ages are because we don't keep using it as a crutch in arguing a point. Being 83 gives you experience but doesn't make you any wiser or smarter. I must remind you that you made light of and agreed with those that brought financial and emotional hardships to the residents of Mason county's orchard country. I guess your 83 years hasn't taught you anything about empathy.

Yup..I was taught to respect my elders.. it's just getting to be fewer of them are around now. I may lack empathy...or not. Pretty much a matter of opinion, I guess, so who cares? My travels and age has indeed taught me to enjoy life to the fullest, sip wine at a table set well and loaded with good things. Marvel at the flowering of tulips in the spring, savor a beautiful sunset over a calm Pacific Ocean and pity those who will not see. Turn green my poor deprived little man, and learn more about what life is really about.

The problem with both solar and wind renewable energy at present is this. Physics; If you placed a solar panel or a wind turbine everywhere it was lawfull to place one, or that would not obliterate the sun for farming, You still would be hard pressed to Generate the 18 to 20 TeraWatts of power the world currently used let alone future power needs. This also assumes your going to need oh another 30,000 miles of those ugly power lines to connect them to the grid.

On the flip side.. I think many many farms would benifit by buying those systems themselves for there own use. And save the rest of use the cost of the power lines we all pay for in higher electic bills.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_many_wind_turbines_would_need_to_gene...

How droll.. we were using windmills to pump water for the house and barn back in the 1930's . they tore them down when electricty came to the farms via the REA, because the electric motors were more dependable/ reliable than the wind power. (Besides, they were dangerous to us kids who used to sit atop, inches from the whirling steel blades..don't think only todays kids are slightly nuts!). I spent many an hour on the old hand pump because there was no wind that day..

Amazingly Droll, how quaint, I thought we were really talking about amazing "trolls". Problems are just "challenges to be recognized, dealt with, then overcome" imho. It's hard to believe that the liberals are adjusting to "challenges" based on their records of recent, just hiding, and making excuses for more time to continue into the abyss.

The only reports I see even in enviro nut publications that even suggest the world could get all the power it needed going to (renewable sources), are getting there, by useing turbine in the clouds technology that A. doesnt yet exist,  B. Arguably may affect the global weather more than the carbon units they are trying to replace.

Too true, but hopefully future folks will be smarter than we are and solve that little problem.

This guy on the U-Tube video also mentioned nothing about the cost of maintainance or the cost of the power lines, to tie this thing into the grid.... Or the cost of the step up transformer station you need also to tie this into a grid. He can ask T Boone Pickens how much and how difficult that is.

Yup.. and your suggestions are??

I sit 4 miles from Susquehanna one and two reactors. I carry no fear of them and the 2500 jobs they provide are far more than minimum wage jobs. The waste for these facilities amount to a few pounds a year after processing. Most facilities have been storing that much on site while the government decides where they should, or if they should build a megafacility out west. I say no make it several smaller ones and just guarantee   security at those places out in the middle of no where ( rather than in Dirty Harry Reid's home state) He doesn't really want good jobs for his area anyhow, it would cost him election points.

20-30 well placed reactors ( not like Japan in an Earthquake and Tsunami zone) would turn us into a net exporter of energy instead of a net importer. Great for gas and oil prices and the air and water. But to do this type stuff you need a leader in the white house that could express this to enough rational people to keep the enviro-nuts from winning the no nukes argument by default.

Then with all the cheaper cleaner power we can work on the technology for solar, wind, and hydrogen production to be truly independent forever not fairy tale independent until we realize the source we demanded were far from shovel ready. AS with the Caribou in Alaska that the enviro-nuts said would become extinct over a few pipelines (the herds like to breed under the pipe lines for warmth) or any other terrible result of technology we all hear of. Most are just that fairy tales generated by groups who enjoy controlling other peoples lives.

You did ask Mr Tower.......

The nuclear option has been used...

RSS

© 2024   Created by XLFD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service