Dueling Torches (331)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Safe Routes to School: Useful or Wasteful?

In 2005, George W. Bush signed into law the “Safe Routes to School” (SR2S) program and the Congress granted it $612 million over a period o…

Started by XLFD

7 Jul 27, 2010
Reply by XLFD

First victim of health care overhaul?

Washington, Jun 7 - By: Sarah Kliff The PoliticoA Virginia-based insurance company says "considerable uncertainties" created by the Democ…

Started by XLFD

4 Jun 17, 2010
Reply by AQUAMAN

Correctional Officers In Need of Correction: April 2010

Being a correctional officer is a tough, often thankless job.  Good correctional officers rarely get the recognition of achievement that ot…

Started by XLFD

143 May 15, 2010
Reply by Sweater Cows!

Neighbors in Fear Following Killing of Well-Liked Arizona Rancher

Neighbors in Fear Following Killing of Well-Liked Arizona Rancher This is from the first paragraph of the article, which is what I am addre…

Started by Max

17 Apr 2, 2010
Reply by AQUAMAN

Carol Spackman: A Politician Concerned for Public Safety

Great news for all who bicycle.  Utah may soon join Idaho in the states that have decided to use logic in creating traffic laws for all use…

Started by XLFD

6 Mar 25, 2010
Reply by XLFD

Bye Bayh and Good Riddance

Yesterday, Indiana Democratic Senator Evan Bayh announced he would not seek re-election to a third term.  Evan Bayh served as an excellent,…

Started by Edie Lindsey

6 Feb 17, 2010
Reply by XLFD

A letter to President Obama from and old geezer

Dear President Obama, My name is Harold Estes, approaching 95 on December 13 of this year. People meeting me for the first time don't bel…

Started by Max

6 Feb 2, 2010
Reply by AQUAMAN

Supreme Court Makes Decision on Free Speech Issue. Why are Liberals so Upset?

In a 5-4 vote, mainly down ideological lines, the Supreme Court changed McCain-Feingold campaign finance 'reform' on grounds that it violat…

Started by Edie Lindsey

17 Feb 1, 2010
Reply by Mary A.

GROUNDHOG DAY IS JUST AROUND THE CORNER ON TUES., 2/2/10.

YES FOLKS, IT'S THAT TIME OF YEAR AGAIN, WHEN OUR FAMOUS GROUNDHOG PREDICTS THE BALANCE OF WEATHER FOR THIS WINTER. WELL, I JUST GOTTA TELL…

Started by AQUAMAN

5 Jan 31, 2010
Reply by AQUAMAN

Armed and civilized: Protesters rally against Obama policies

Armed and civilized: Protesters rally against Obama policies This is an article written about our protest yesterday (1/2/10) in Alamogordo…

Started by Max

10 Jan 8, 2010
Reply by AQUAMAN

RSS

© 2024   Created by XLFD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service