"As I noted previously, the salary and car allowance are split between several accounts. Not easy to separate out but here are the numbers: $71,7378 from General Fund, $3,417 from Major Streets, $1,157 from Local Streets, $2,314 from TIF and $18,512 from both Water and Sewer Budgets. Grand total salary (and car allowance) $115,703. I expect you to note this at the next CC meeting." Steve Brock.

According to FICM Brock that the reported salary of a city manager and the actual salary kited from different budget accounts can vary by more than 100%. Is Brock willing to submit his actual tax return from 2018 so we can find out exactly what salary he was paid for his short service?

What about Shay? Was his actual salary $95,000 or closer to $170,000 before fringe benefits?

What about the incoming city manager Mitch Foster? Is he willing to put his 1040 on the line?

I find it reprehensible that the official base salary and what city officials actually pocket have such large discrepancies.

If this is so than the entire city budget should be suspect.  

Views: 207

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yes. If we follow any of those principles, the entire budget should be suspect now. Maybe that's contributed to our massive debt. That's crazy accounting. I hope Mitch Foster will straighten things out.

I would think that since the taxpayers foot the bill for the CM then a disclosure of the CM's earnings paid by the taxpayers would be an important way to keep Government on the straight and narrow. It should be part of the public record.

I am glad that you're shocked by that as much as I, shinblind, and I am hoping on getting some action from the local state congressmen, Jack O'Malley and Curt VanderWall into making local budgets more uniform and in the process list the salaries and benefit totals of each salaried employee, as well as the pay rates of those working by the hour.  

The City of Ludington actually has done something similar in the past not that long ago, but the process stopped early in the Shay regime.  Mitchell Foster needs to foster transparency in his new home by re-enacting the practice and serving as an example to the rest of the state in the process.

That would be refreshing if Mitch Foster would offer an explanation on how the compensation for salaried municipal employees is figured. He could use his own salary as village administrator as an example.

Could you imagine the uproar a CEO of a major organization would receive if his salary was calculated the same way city officials are figured?  At the least he would be looking at prison time and paybacks plus being immediately removed from his position.

RSS

© 2024   Created by XLFD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service