I checked out the other local site today and saw that they have changed their focus, and have now become a photo sharing site.  They took off the forum earlier this year for a short time, but it looks as if this is more of a permanent move.  Here is what the main page looked like as of this post.  Please invite any and all of those good folks who have been conributing to that forum over here.  We welcome their input, and their right to talk. 

Views: 662

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have reset my link to LT to go directly to the forum using X's link. I, for one, am not going to contribute positively over there until the LDN and LT get their head out of their as... the ground, and start respecting their members and their content.

And, yes, Dave, your teachers were right, you are special, LOL.
I am not sure why they chose to drop the forum at LT but judging by an exchange I had with an ex member there it sure could have had something to do with how petty and childish the debated had gotten there. No one had any real research on subjects other than half baked stuff on other members of that forum.
I had wondered for quite a while how long Andy would let himself or any other member of the staff there play babysitter to the drive by haters. I often disagree with some of you on here... but I respect your posts and value some of your research as counterpoint to my extremely conservative views.

I have yet to get out and take some picture for your viewing of the various power facilities here in P.A. both green and nuclear. The nuclear plant here is 4 miles as the crow fly's from my back door. It reminds me of two Indian tom tom drums throwing smoke signals in the distance here. It is as nice as just a mountain view?? nope.. but I will also send pictures of the windmills all over the mountain ridges here and let you decide which would be less obtrusive. I will post them in the a discussion here in the near future as we are now seeing green windmills are not a yes or no decision there in MI my former home sweet home.
it looks as if the talks forum is more busier than ever now that its hidden from the main page. maybe i'll reapply over there to join the fray. scott sure doesnt like you govner guido. nor the other govner.
LOL yeeeaa the feeling is mutual.. but I be done play dat chit. I have a life.. and another forum I like to argue on. It seems Scott does not. even though he goes to great lengths to tell us his great story it is obvious to see why he struggles to make ends meet.
But but but Mag??? I not be a Gov nothing!! Peace out.. PS you know where to argue wit me man!!
i could call you steward guido but this makes me think of a male flight attentant. creeps me out a tad.

emmm yaa nuff said ill shut up now....
Hey charle.. look at the LT site now last post on rules... Did I take the high road or the high on drugs road??
Right Guido, click the terms of service to see where we picked up the torch, pun, for reinstating the talk part of the forum. X is right where the google search states that LT is a photo sharing forum now too. So, either some technical snafus are there, or it's just about over, your choice. Btw, as stated earlier, I do think the LDN/Shoreline Media owes a public explanation to the almost 2,000 members at large for their recent decision. Anyone know what of late was the commotion or thread about that may have prompted this action? I was not around much of late. As for Scott, he sounds like PP, the guy Snide knocked off his thrown of liberalism of late. Good work Snide.
I don't know of anything extremely out of whack discussion wise Aqua. It just simply quite updating new comments a week ago. Until someone posted the "lets have some fun link" I thought everyone had just found a life over the holidays. If there was some major concern I don't see it looking through the posts.
Bow-Wow Cyndi, so, since you joined the exact same time as the Music Man, who are you really? Zzzzzzzz, yawn. And why do you care and what is your motives on MM and Elva,........... you make a wave, but it's dead in the water right away, eh? Dead-end convoluted post if you ask me...............yawn.........make a point, if you have one, besides the one on top of your head. Bow-wow!
Bow-wow Cyndi, why are you so interested in who is who? Does it make any real dif? I mean really, most of the posters on any given forum are using some alias, but some aren't really hiding, they just want freedom from bullying and bs from appearing in emails and their front lawns etc.. What you should be concentrating on imho, is the content of the post and character of the statements, whether you respectfully agree or disagree, based on experiences and facts, and to be able to articulately debate that in a public forum. At least that's the bottom line for me, how bout you? Anyone can be senseless enough to throw gas on a fire, it takes character to put the fire out, in one way or another, depending on your motives and goals. So, what's yours? Just trying to understand you, ya know?
While I do find it suspicious when screen names join, post,then a lay dormant for weeks. I can simply take Cyndi at face value and simply say I do not know who the newer screen name at the site formerly known as Ludington Talks is. But he seems to be giving Scott the textual Butt whooping he/her deserves.

All anyone would have to do is read Scotts fist post going after someone not on the basis of what is said but some research solely for the apparent purpose of smearing mud. Then when called on it whining like a little child, that many do not agree with his/her assessment.He obviously has a misguided idea of what is or is not important about a web forum owner and not really addressing anything about content in any meaningful way.

P.S Ludington Daily News probably got tired of just such foolishness and cut the link to the paper on purpose. I do not at all blame them.

RSS

© 2024   Created by XLFD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service