The reason I made this a topic is because of the potential cost for any damage / repairs to infrastructure. If the water continues to rise and there is severe ice damage this winter we may have to open our pockets and add to the tax coffers.

I played hooky today and spent some time taking photos. I first went to Little Sable Point. I fear the light house there is in peril. I would hate to see it damaged or destroyed. Many homes along the Lake are in a serious situation of being destroyed if the erosion continues.

Next I visited the boat ramp parking lot and Ludington Ave beach, then the City Marina. All had issues with high water. The following photos are a small fraction of what I took. I didn't include the new construction at Ludington ave beach because all there was to see is water.

Little Sable Point lighthouse. If this lighthouse does not make it thru the winter we will be losing a major tourist draw and a lot of history. I hope there is something in the works to protect this monument to maritime history.

Boat launch parking lot takes a real beating when water is high because the waves crash against the breakwater instead of scraping the sand bottom. The breakwater can take only so much pounding without significant damage.

City Marina docks and the walkway are being damaged as we speak from high water. If the water doesn't recede then the next problem will be the damage caused by ice which could possibly cost a fortune to repair.

Views: 11593

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Freedom Seeker in case you are wondering how they are going to pay for replacing the lead goosenecks you now have the answer. 

They also stated somewhere that they were thinking of billing monthly instead of quarterly. That happened years ago in Muskegon. Then a charge for having streetlights found its way on your water bill. Hmmm.

What grinds my gears is the gutless old school councilors don't have the schnuts to raise the ''ready to serve charge'' which would spread the cost more on people who live here seasonally and ease the strain on those who live here year around. They are in fact being subsidized by permanent residents along with Michigan Power and PM township.

If the 7.5% increase is permanent you will be paying roughly 7 times more for water during the lifespan of the treatment plant. If you are paying $100 quarterly now you will be paying $2,800 annually when the plant needs upgrading again.   

For anyone who wants to recover secret documents on Climate Change put out by New World Order, but then removed from FaceBook by persons unknown- to hide them:  These messages can be recovered: here is 1 way: 

RECOVER ALL FACEBOOK MESSAGES (2018) | FACEBOOK NEW ... - YouTubewww.youtube.com/watch?v=emkyca-e9qY

How to recover facebook deleted messages. fb new trick,2017,how to recover fb delete message,how to hack fb 2017,new method,recover massege,recover fb post,f...

David

अच्छा प्रयास डेविड है। मॅँ पहले बहंदी का अध्ययन करने की आवश्यकता को सम३ा सकता हूं कि आप लिंक करते हैं, तो आप मुझे वहां तैनात वीडियो था।

www.youtube.com/watch?v=emkyca-e9qY

That's a classic Willy. I'll save it for my grand children listen to when they start that bullshit. Make America a shit hole country, VOTE DEMOCRAT.   I have a hat that has that on it.  Never heard a negative response .

I would love to see the look on some kids face if and when they were made to practice what they preach.

Ok,nothing to add, just waned to push the comment count to 100. hahah

I went to survey the progress of erosion along Lake Michigan Sunday 2-2-20. The pictures below are of the houses just north of Little Sable point lighthouse. Many of the homeowners are taking steps to prevent their houses from being claimed by the pounding surf.

Good to see Little Point Sable still standing straight and tall; thanks for the pictorial update.   Doesn't look like there's a lot of beach left, were you able to survey much of the shore?

No. I Only checked out the beach near the lighthouse and the buildings to the north. The beach at the Silver Creek outlet north of the lighthouse has been greatly diminished. The owners of the house in the photo below, which is a very close to the creek outlet, is having a very difficult time trying to keep Lake Michigan out of their living room. The house is located about 200 ft. south of Silver Creek outlet.

RSS

© 2024   Created by XLFD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service