Bill Clinton slams ObamaCare as ‘craziest thing in the world’

There's not much that I will agree with Bill on but I will agree with him on Obamacare, it is the craziest thing in the world.

Bill Clinton has blasted President Obama’s signature piece of legislation — ObamaCare — as “the craziest thing in the world.”

“You’ve got this crazy system where all of a sudden, 25 million more people have health care, and then the people who are out there busting it, sometimes 60 hours a week, wind up with their premiums doubled and their coverage cut in half and it’s the craziest thing in the world,” the former president railed at a rally in Michigan on Monday.

Clinton also said the system is hurting moderately successful small businesses — ones that aren’t doing poorly enough to be subsidized and fall just above the line.

“On the other hand, the current system works fine if you’re eligible for Medicaid, if you’re a lower-income working person, if you’re already on Medicare or if you get enough subsidies on a modest income that you can afford your health care,” Clinton said.

“But the people getting killed in this deal are the small-business people and individuals who make just a little bit too much to get any of these subsidies,” he added.

After the scathing attack, Clinton sought to tone down some of his ObamaCare criticism while stumping for his wife in Ohio on Tuesday. Like Hillary, he said the health-care law is a positive first step that needs improving.

“The Affordable Health Care Act did a world of good and the 50-something efforts to repeal it that the Republicans have staged were a terrible mistake,” Clinton said.

“But there’s a group of people — mostly small-business owners, and employees who make just a little too much money to qualify for Medicaid expansion or for the tax incentives — who can’t get affordable health-insurance premiums in a lot of places,” he said.

“[Hillary] has proposed to take the next step in this and do what the president tried to do the first time and she supported, which is to allow people 55 and over to buy into Medicare and allow others to have a public option that looks like expansion of Medicaid they can afford. It’s the right thing to do.”

But in quelling one firestorm, Bill Clinton ignited another — throwing Bernie Sanders under the bus in an improptu response to a Black Lives Matter heckler as he defended his own controversial 1994 crime bill.

Clinton was interrupted by a protester shouting that he won’t vote for someone who sends thousands of people to prison.

“Hillary didn’t vote for the ’94 crime bill even though Senator Sanders did,” the former president shot back, as the heckler was removed from the rally.

Sanders has been campaigning for Clinton after losing the Democratic nomination to her.

The former president said it was his wife who was the first candidate to speak up about changing incarceration policies.

“The facts are difficult there,” Clinton said in his rebuttal. “You ought to think about it. If you’re really upset, that means you’re also upset that we had a 25-year low in the crime rate, a 33-year low in the murder rate — and, listen to this: a 67-year low in the rate of people being killed by illegal gun violence. I’m pretty proud of that, and I think that was worth fighting for.”

http://nypost.com/2016/10/04/bill-clinton-slams-obamacare-as-crazie...

Views: 678

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Very sad presidential election year.... 

3 very poor choices in my mind.  Hillary the worse.

Have a year where a 3rd party could come close and yet ...not.

4th and 5th party are good, but can't make it due to media manipulations.

Hopefully we have good choices in 4 years.

The only candidate I consider a poor choice is Clinton. The other 2 are far more acceptable to me than someone as corrupt as Hillary.

Perhaps this source is more reliable for you Richard....

I never said it wasn't said, LOL!! I posted links. Also, I rest my case Dave, Willy said the media wouldn't show it, but there it is!

Oh and Dave, since you're so handy with the videos, why cant you show Willy what Trump said?

They had to show it. A rally where an ex president attends and speaks will be covered by the legitimate press so it would look like the liberal media were pandering again to Clinton if they refused to air his speech. If he had said this at a rally where only the liberal media attended, the ones that Richard relies on, we would never have heard this speech.

X, point is how he can agree with it "He's right about Obamacare being crazy." when this is coming from a tabloid. The whole article Dave posted was from the NY Post. HES READING AND AGREEING WITH IT when it supports his position. The links I offered show TRUMP actually talking.

As for "In fact, you offer links from mainstream media supporting the 'tabloid's' report of news." Those links were provided because Willy stated "Most of the media will not carry this news if it hurts Hillary." but obviously, it was carried by the "media". Those were supplied for no other reason.

Johnson may not be up to speed, but neither was/is Trump and a Libertarian will always be more conservative than a Republican wants to be or a Democrat even considers to be. To me, fresh blood is needed by not with the likes of Trump. And don't think Im saying Clinton is any better. Never in our life time will the opportunity probably rise again for two of the worst candidates to oppose each other as now.

Dave and Willy were not agreeing with the NY Post about Obamacare being crazy, they were agreeing with Bill Clinton, who has a video of him saying what's written in the link to the newspaper you believe is an untrustworthy tabloid. 

If this wasn't recorded or said before a large gathering, you can bet the story would have been avoided by many of the outlets you linked to, as it runs counter to their orthodoxy.

BTW, besides the Daily Caller, which is a notably conservative outlet who reported this over 12 hours before the NY Post did, the three outlets you present had this story air well after it found itself in that 'tabloid' paper.  To whit:  Politico 12 hrs. later, CNN 30 hrs. later, MSNBC 39 hrs. later.  They just couldn't ignore it and remain credible, as if MSNBC ever was.

All this hogwash is completely irrelevant to Trumps videos a audios where he talks of everything from grabbing womens p___ys to letting Howard Stern call his daughter a peice of a__, and agreeing. Saying how VOLUPTUOS Ivanka was. Ill put together a thread on it so were not hijacking this thread. Ill just use videos and Willy can look the other way.

Do the same for all of Hillary's crimes....

You can do that,I have absolutely no problem with that, nor any intention of defending them. But on here its a sin to mention Trump in a negative way.

So you hate both Trump and Hillary..?  And only are only focusing on Trump cuz some here like him?  I don't see a point of arguing with Trump supporters or Hillary supporters, neither will be swayed.

No Brad, I don't hate either. I was just trying to understand the irony in Willy's statement. Don't like either, either. Willy said about the media not reporting on Clinton hanging around with a pedophile. I merely pointed out Trump was hanging with the same pedophile and there was an open case against him. This is what it turned into.

RSS

© 2024   Created by XLFD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service