I think everyone has heard about the trial of Mr. Zimmerman in Sanford, Fl.. The second degree murder charges look like they aren't going to fly. So what does the prosecution team do now? Since the defense team has now rested their case? Well, they now want to change the charges to get some sort of conviction, any conviction, and all for public injustice, not true justice. The prosecution now insists that a lesser charge of 3rd degree murder, manslaughter, and child abuse also be put in the mix. How the judge can let this happen after the trial is over, is ridiculous to me. But, in this day and age, with all the injustices happening around us daily, ok, why not, right?

Views: 1315

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Eye

Is this your interpretation of what happened or are these facts that you have read about somewhere? If these are facts, please post your sources because you have just slandered a man who has been found not guilty and who was thoroughly investigated by the local police and the FBI. 

EyE,

That's pure tabloid mumbo-jumbo not supported by the record or even supportable by the body of evidence.  Our motto here is you have the right to speak freely, but you have the duty to do so responsibly.  

If you believe GZ is guilty or his story is hard to believe, observe some rules of decorum in doing so, and if you borrow someone else's nonsense, be sure and accredit them.

You do know Eye that if this was actually what happened, #6 would give Zimmerman the right to do what he did... if the person on top of him was intent on knocking Zimmerman out, Zimmerman WOULD have the right to defend himself at that point because Zimmerman wouldn't know that Martin was only going to knock him out.... and that's assuming that Martin would know that he had simply knocked Zimmerman out and knocked him into a coma or killed him.

If your gonna repeat something like this or if you came up with it yourself, think it all the way though.

This is the first I heard that Zimmerman was carrying a 'loaded fireman'.  If true, maybe the drunken douser said something that offended Trayvon, but then George would have his hands full carrying the guy. 

The hypothetical situation you describe is very low probability given the fairly undisputable facts of the matter, and goes against common sense.  

You must of not read what I typed Eye, I said that when it got to point #6 that Zimmerman had just as much right to defend himself from the beating he was getting as Martin did at the beating he was giving in this hypothetical setting. If it had been you in this hypothetical, would you just lay there and continue to get beat?

#6 Applies regardless of who started the altercation.... once the confrontation is started and you feel that your life may be in danger, you have the right to protect yourself. If Zimmerman's version of events is true, then he did what he felt he had to do.

In your hypothetical, its assumed that Zimmerman didn't turn back and start heading to his vehicle, that he continued on. As you noted, we don't know what happened as far as who or what started the altercation. Its just as possible that Zimmerman had indeed turned around and was walking back to his vehicle when Martin jumped him. If you listen to the 911 tape, when Zimmerman gives chase you can tell that he's breathing hard by what you can hear on the phone.. the operator ask if he's following and Zimmerman says 'yes', the operator says you don't have to do that and Zimmerman appears to stop chasing as he's able to catch his breath and continue the phone call..... definitely not out of the realm of possibility that he was no longer trying to follow Trayvon.

Since Zimmerman is of Hispanic origin, couldn't Obama team could end up losing a lot of hispanic support?

I agree with EyE, but for different reasons.  The vast majority of Hispanic voters will not make a solid connection between the actions of Obama's Justice Department in this affair, and their vote at the end of 2014, the midterms.  But it may strengthen the small but significant segment that doesn't automatically vote for Democrats and the increased power of the state.

Eye

Your hypothetical story is not what the facts were as revealed at the trial. I can understand speculating about what happened but your last paragraph alleging him to be a child molester and wife beater was uncalled for. Honestly Eye I'm surprised you posted that remark. I would like to see your source for that information or were you just speculating about his moral character.

Masonco

I would say that Zimmerman would have a good case regarding his civil rights being violated/denied.

If we are going to throw in the alleged things that Zimmerman might of done in his past, don't we need to throw things that Martin may of or did do? Trayvon Martin was in his own words a 'gangster', enjoyed smoking pot (note that there was trace amounts of pot in his blood the night he died), was currently suspended from school when he died, was known to be in fights.

As much as the media wanted it to be true, Trayvon Martin was hardly a angel by any stretch of the imagination.

In regards to Zimmerman not getting the drug/alcohol test, blame the Sanford PD.. they are the ones that screwed that up.

Alleged means that the events were alleged... its not proof that they actually happened. I will concede though that more times then not that events do happen to warrant most PPO's.

Whether or not Trayvon was in a gang is irrelevant. He's a known troublemaker. Apparently no different then Zimmerman.

And lets not forget that Martin was physically taller then Zimmerman albeit weighed less. Martin boasted about fighting in his text messages so not exactly unrealistic for him to have the upper hand against Zimmerman.

Anyhow, I looked at the facts of the case and they tend to point in the direction that what happened was at least somewhat close to what Zimmerman claims to have happened.

Go back and read my big long post from a few pages ago... you'll find my point of view there.

RSS

© 2024   Created by XLFD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service