Today at approximately 1:45 PM I witnessed a Mason County Sheriff Department SUV traveling westbound on US-10.  This vehicle was towing the "marine patrol boat." 

Prior to my observation, my radar detector repeatedly kept going on and off without ever observing a police vehicle.  

However, when I approached the red light in front of Wal-Mart is when I noticed this MCSO vehicle towing the boat on a trailer.  The deputy occupying the SUV was in the opposite lane.  

After the light gave the"go" signal the driver of said MCSO vehicle switched lanes in front of me. There were no signal lights on the trailer, and at the next stop light no brake lights functioning.

Furthermore, the warning light on the trailer to indicate a flashing light was MIA!!!  

However, my radar detector repeatedly was going on and off!  LMAO!

So, in summary the MCSO was towing the marine patrol boat with non-functioning signals(illegally) while periodically turning the radar detector on and off.

What I find hysterical is what if this deputy had encountered a speeding driver or other some such driving violation that would have led to a chase, would this officer have followed in pursuit towing a boat?  A boat that is illegal traveling due to my above description?

How truly unsafe....But yet we continually hear and read about how LEO's protect and serve the public!!  LMAO

A citizen who did not have their boat trailer equipped with signal lights would more than likely received a ticket of some sort!  

But, I am still laughing at the radar detector going off while MCSO was  towing a boat!  That is beyond a hoot!  

BTW...MCSO fix your damn boat trailer!  "Protect US."  A serious accident could have resulted due to your negligence!   

Views: 233

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Sounds like something Deputy Mike "Lost in a snowstorm/beating up a nurse" Fort might have done, but then again, you would expect even Sheriff Cole to have been wise enough not to let him patrol with the boat in tow. 

Did you see the deputy involved, Jasper?  Usually I see Deputy Matt Warmuskerken with the boat in tow, and he's not too clever himself except when it comes to tasering.  Probably, whoever it was, thinks he was better prepared for speeders that tried to get away by stopping at nearby waterways and swimming away.  Of course they wouldn't be worried about the boat getting damaged in a chase, Sheriff Cole will get them a new and better one. 

What's amusingly ironic about this is that in 2012, Sheriff Cole brought up unmaintained boats as a reason to elect him sheriff, and presuming your info is correct, it looks as if the next sheriff candidate can use this 'boat trailer maintenance problem' for their benefit.

I witnessed all of this with my own two eyes.  If I had not been driving I surely would have recorded the actions of the incompetent MCSO on my phone camera.  

I have no idea who was driving the SUV pulling the unlawful boat trailer with the MCSO Marine boat on board!  

In all actuality, I was kind of in shock after my radar detector detected the MCSO SUV ahead of me.

Sheriff Cole needs to address this!  I know the "cops" read this site!  So much for Cole's campaign promise of maintaining the marine boats(which one would assume includes the trailer that transport them).  

Sheriff Cole please fix your Marine Boat Trailer!  The safety of drivers on US-10 are of utmost concern!  Your deputy risked other's safety today!

Still chuckling over my radar detector detecting a cop that is transporting a MCSO boat!  What??  Whomever works for you Sheriff Cole is beyond laughable.  And, the citizens' of the USA question cops and their credibility these days?  LMAO! 

I have seen this vehicle boat/trailer parked down by the marina on many day's. The boat motor does not have a prop on it, is it a jet type engine? Most likely the prop fell off. I can see our police launching the boat to save someone only to find out there's no prop on the engine.

Maybe the propeller is on the deputy's beanie.

Too funny^^^^....LMAO!!

X, Where did you get that photo of the Ludington Councilor of the year recipient.  I hope they remember to reinstall the drain plug before launching. That's something I have done myself but luckily caught my mistake in time.

RSS

© 2024   Created by XLFD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service