LDN, LHS, Lloyd Wallace among others named in 2003 Defamation Lawsuit

Whatever became of this??? Jodi Peterson and Amanda Stowe filed a suit against the LDN and Lloyd Wallace, LHS for defamation among other things back in 2003. Whatever happened to this??

Views: 309

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

First

https://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=110&dat=20031217&id=...

Second Welcome to the procrastinators club. The back dues will bankrupt you, if they ever get around to collecting them.

Good job shinblind.

The Plaintiffs should have had X for their attorney. Didn't see where the article stated which attorney they did have either. One thing's for sure, bad Judge! No surprise at outcome.

Interesting story, some more of the story was revealed when the two women filed a similar suit versus the school district.  Again it was dismissed by Judge Cooper.  The reporting does makes one wonder what 'inappropriate conduct' was going on in the locker room.  This article described the initial lawsuit

Without knowing more, it doesn't seem like an easily winnable case because there are several things you must show as a plaintiff in any sort of defamation case.  As reported in the COLDNews, which most assuredly had a conflict of interest in reporting this story fairly, those prongs were not met by the women's attorney.

For old news, this is becoming very interesting. I also am curious about the "inappropriate conduct" that took place. I wonder if the inappropriate conduct would be accepted in today's world since all manner of conduct is now permitted including men using women's toilet facilities if they claim to be emotionally  a female. What type of conduct would have led to the firing of a basketball coach and her assistant?

One thing comes quickly to mind, which is probably why they filed suit if that wasn't the case.  Sadly, there was no investigative local journalists who went after the answers at that point in time.  A simple FOIA request or two to the public school could have clarified whether the two women had good reason to sue.  Unfortunately, I don't think they will have those records available after so much time, or if they did, whether they would share it. 

RSS

© 2024   Created by XLFD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service